Friday, January 28, 2005

Suprising parent

I've really enjoyed being closer to my parents. One, my mother feeds me an awful lot - and it's all healthy. Probably the only vegetables I eat in the week. Two they have a great big screen TV. And three, in my new currently single state, there's nothing like family support and hugs.

So that sappy tribute aside, Mom was in the hospital overnight after surgery so (naturally) Dad and I went to dinner. On the way there Dad mentioned when he had had a bit part in a play in college. What - my dad had an inclination toward theatre?!?!? So apparently he build sets and run lights the first two years in HS and a bit in college and - get this - in Austin, Tx after college where he met my mom. He decided to get involved in community theatre to meet people.

This is a whole new side to my dad. Picturing him as a young college grad, in a new city, trying to make friends, choosing the theatre - it's very mind blowing and cool at the same time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great site pliki gerbera blumen forum