Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The new job

The new job is great! I really love being back in HR. And the office is a mess which is frustrating now but also exciting because I get to *organize*. Now some of you are yawning and nodding off but I really love organizing so I see it as lots of potential fun.

So I've been going through all the drawers and stuff and apparently the gal before me did nothing for two year - seriously. Everything is dated 2002 and older. How is this helpful? Employees keep asking me for benefit details and I can't answer. When are you vested in the 401k? Don't know because there is not *a single plan document*. How did she function?????

Thank goodness my trainer (called out of retirement) did tons of filing before I got on board. The trainer said the filing went back at least 1 year and some 18 months old. Geesh!