Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Lights out

I turned over in bed this morning to discover my electronic alarm clock was off - power was out in the whole apartment. So I turned over and went back to sleep. And actually re-awoke in plenty of time for my interview.

Power was still out. I sighed. I saw a group of apartments in my complex last week that were out of power. And it is winter. Being from Alaska, I sort of expect power outages during the winter.

So I got creative and lit a bunch of candles in the bathroom so I could take a shower. And did my makeup by the daylight in the living room. The day I have an interview would be the day the power was out!

So it wasn't until late this afternoon that I had time to think about the power. I called home and didn't get the message machine which meant the power was still off. So I called the manager - she was shocked. She called the power company for me and no problems. None of the other attached units were without power - much to my suprise. So she asked if I had checked the breakers. Well no - it wasn't just part of the power but all the power. She went to the apartment and flipped the master breaker for me. Presto, bingo, power!

Grrrr. I could have had light this morning! I have to stop thinking in Alaska terms! =-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »