Sunday, January 02, 2005

Bedside

I've found a church I like here. It's very large yet has great small group connections. It's probably the healthiest church I've been to in years.

Anyway, as you probably noted from my last few entries, I'm on a rather odd schedule. To bed between 2 and 4:30am; awaken between 10am and 1pm. Which causes a problem in getting to church. Even though the church has very smartly make second service at 10:45am.

Unfortunately, the last few weeks I've made the comment to my parents that I'm going to church in the morning and I'll talk to them later in the afternoon. Which means they ask how church was. Which means I have to say I didn't go. Which has now led to the very annoying question every Sunday afternoon "So, did you go to Bedside Baptist today?"

This was remotely amusing the first time and incredibly annoying everytime thereafter. They don't go to a weekly service so why should they care if I do? And why assume I didn't make it to church? (Well, that's a silly question.) Anyway - I hate that question.

And what's up with it being Baptist? Can't we have bedside Catholics or bedside Buddhists? Grrr. Now I'm really motivated to make it to church just to forever cut that question out of my life.

But, this is about my parents. Who I love dearly. Who will forever annoy me with pithy phrases.

So, where did you go to church today?

2 comments:

MrsM said...

I feel your pain, being another queen of late-night. I stayed up way to late last night to straighten my hair and do all the things I should have done before ten. Hopefully I wake up sometime on the way or during service. I'm so glad you found a church you love though! Ours has made such a difference with us.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »