Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Maternal Instinct

I want to be a mom so bad I can taste it. I'm totally ready to adopt. I've got a few things to do first - like being able to pay all my monthly bills on a regular basis! =-) But I've been planning and dreaming. My favorite site is Adopt US Kids - http://www.adoptuskids.org

My heart just goes out to kids in the foster care system who want a family. But their chance for adoption is really low because of race, age or being part of a sibling group. So I'm ready for one, two or maybe three kids. Talk about instant mom! It's overwhelming just to think about it! Yet still...

I saw two sisters on the Adopt US Kids site. One is four with red hair (like my mom) and one was 6 with blond hair (like me!). If I could have reached through the computer to give them lots of hugs and love I would have.

No comments: