Monday, January 10, 2005

Security

On the subject of changing my name...

There seem to be two schools of thought. 1 - my calling and identifying myself is enough to change my name on the given account. 2 - I may call and identify myself but I still need to fax in the divorce decree and new driver's license to prove the name change is legit.

Now 2 is definately more of a pain in the butt. 1 is very easy but leaves me feeling just a bit vulnerable. Now if it's my newspaper subscription - who cares? But when it's my credit card...I get a little concerned.

3 comments:

Klondike Kate said...

If I had had children I definately would have kept my married name. When we first seperated I wanted to keep my married name. Going back to my maiden name felt like returning to high school, like going back in time.

Then I decided I was going to take charge of my life and reinvent myself, so to speak, so I decided to take back my maiden name so the issues of the past wouldn't have one less hold on me.

Then, when I started my own business as a professional orgainzer, I definately knew that going by my maiden name was the right thing for me. YMMV

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Vanderbilt university educational resources for seniors Sisk retirement plan gmc seirra 1500 forum Big boobed milfs nude repairing faucets My big fat pussy Hot tiny webcam teens

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »