Sunday, January 23, 2005

such an idiot

So I bought a great AT&T phone system about 2 months ago from Costco. It has an answering machine with three mailboxes and four cordless phones and their own charger/bases. Very cool.

So 1 goes to the entry, one by the couch, one by my desk and one in my bedroom. So I notice odd things about the bedroom phone - never charges completely, always blinking.... so I switch it out with another set. Works fine for awhile then dies again. So I'm without a phone in the bedroom.

So finally I start thinking about using the warranty when the phone starts working! Timing! Then it dies again. Then I walk into my bedroom and notice the blinking light of doom on the phone, again. I switch on the lights and something is odd. The blinking light of doom goes off.

OMG - I've plugged the phone into the only outlet that's controlled by the light switch at the door. I am such an airhead!