Sunday, April 10, 2005

Gaaagk!

OK so I hunkered down to do my taxes for the first time on my own. I used TurboTax and OMG - such a good way to go. It's taken me 8 hours, mostly spend correctly categorizing my business expenses for schedule C. I got my chart of account set up a few weeks ago but hadn't gone back and re-categorized the very generic "business-expense" items.

So in the end I have 10 pages consisting of:
1040
Schedule A
Schedule C
Form 8283
Form 8829
Form 4562

Right - like I would have been able to do that on my own!

At least I got a refund! =-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, it took almost two months with H&R Block to do our taxes this year. Everytime we thought we were about done Nikki would call back for something else that would take me hours to come up with, but at least we got a refund as well. I'm sure glad that is over!!!!