Monday, May 14, 2007

Just another rambling recap


Mother's Day was horrible. I wasn't really expecting much. You can't really expect much from a child who's had four homes and is terribly confused as to what a mother really is.

What I didn't expect was the amount of attitude and disobedience the day would bring. Guess I should have anticipated that since the last foster mother promised she would return from Afghanistan and come get AV on Mother's Day. Grrrr.

Anyway, day is done and today was much better.

AV's social worker came over and we all discussed adoption vs. guardianship. AV is very confused but is not opposed to adoption and has actually said several times she would like to be adopted. So we're postponing the guardianship at least three months and AV is going to go back to the counselor she really likes and trusts for several months of counseling focused on adoption. So we'll see.

In other news, I actually asked my boss to go full time. We've been having some issues with one person doing payroll, one person doing time keeping and one person (me!) doing HR. Needless to say, we've had some communication with a capital K issues. So I proposed I take all things payroll and timekeeping and move into a full-time (with benefits!) position.

My boss is actually open to the idea. The issue is timing. I want this to start May 28, the first day of the next pay period. My boss wants to wait until Sept, the start of the new fiscal year. Waiting would not be good for me. My business has really dropped of and I rely on that income. I really want these additional hours to make up for the lost income. So pray for me!

1 comment:

MrsM said...

Oh Dana, Just seeing that picture sure makes me miss you more!! You guys look great. I think you're taking all the best steps to help AV through this very long transition into stability. I feel so bad for her when I think of her rocky past but now... I don't think God could have found a better place for her to go and be loved.

Love and misses!