Thursday, June 15, 2006

Foster kid

So I have a 16 year old boy this weekend for respite care. His current guardians (a more permanent status than foster parent) are moving out of state and KC wanted to remain in the area so he could continue to visit his mom.

So we're doing a trial weekend. If it works out, KC will come live with me.

I got to say a 16 year old boy is a far cry from the 7-10 year old girls I thought I'd get! =-)

BTW - so far he seems very nice and likeable. We share an interest in TV, movies and books. He even likes some of the same fantasy authors I do!

Will keep you posted!

5 comments:

Emily said...

hey im emily.
Im 16.
I just wanted to say itmust be great fostering... My aunty is fosting shortly, she is going through all the paper work at the moment it sounds great! :D

TLP said...

Some of the best things in my life happened to me while I was looking for something else.

Good luck!

Klondike Kate said...

Hi Emily! Nice to meet you!

TLP - what a lovely thought! I will hold that close all day.

Anonymous said...

So how was your weekend?
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Christmas decoration soldier toy cooper vision contact lens 2000 isuzu rodeo diagrams flat screen tvs search engine positioning saint Palntsc video capture cards Frankly fabulous bras by warner land rover motors rebuilt Acura honda zippo african conference model Cards cube game memory land rover ad Life insurance cost us Alarm car car clifford security 1996 2 8 a4 audi buying electric water heater raddison cruise lines