Thursday, March 17, 2005

Big Wind

There was a weather alert yesterday for dust and wind. This did not compute as such a thing is completely out of my range of experience. The closest reference I had was HS history class discussing the Dust Bowl of the 1940's.

So - wind can be very strong - I have now learned. The drive home wasn't too bad really. Kept both hands a little firmer on the wheel and had to fight it a few times. Kindof like driving in slushy snow and fighting to stay center. The sky looked similar to a smoke or ash filled sky. The dust was very gritty on the teeth - yuck.

The best thing though was the news at work the next morning. One of my co-workers car was parked on a hill. It blew off and went down a hill/ravine/gully thing about 350 feet. Let me repeat the car blew off the hill. Now that is wind.