Thursday, February 10, 2005

Healing

I have bought three plants for my office and I'm contemplating getting a fourth one. For those who know me this is shocking news. Not because I have a black thumb but because I have never had house plants - I avoided them actually.

See, like a majority of the population it seems, I was sexually abused as a child. One of the offenders owned a greenhouse and had given me several plants. So my mind went greenhouse=dark place of pain and plants=reminder of sicko man. So I avoided greenhouses and house plants. Got over the greenhouse thing a few years ago but still no plants.

I just realized today that I'm over the plant thing and actually enjoying having these plants in my office. Healing is a good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
» »