Thursday, April 26, 2007

Workin' it out

So we told her today. While we were at the SW (social workers) office, AV was pretty calm. The SW tried to deliver the news very gently and did a really good job.

While the SW left to get some papers for me AV started playing around in the office chair, twirling and pretending it was a bucking bronco. She twirled and worked herself into a sweat for about 15 minutes. If I twirled that much I'd be sick!

Anyway, it really started hitting on the way to soccer practice. Low tolerance for frustration - all of a sudden she couldn't remember how to take off her shirt. And then trying to take off her glasses because her hair was in her eyes. And then, on the walk back to the car, yelling at her "stupid" soccer ball, bouncing it high, yelling that no one likes her...

Then a great pity party in the back seat on the way home... Baby talk... General fussiness...

Just going through the emotions. It's going to be a tough couple days.

2 comments:

TLP said...

Sometimes it's worse when there's no reaction. I have no idea how I would handle it. I hope she's okay. I hope you're okay as well.

Klondike Kate said...

Thanks TLP. I had my first anxiety attack in about two years Saturday night. That evening I was completely freaking out about freaking out. Thank God for IRL friends! She just told me it was the reaction to a bad week and not the harbinger of a terrible time to come. Yeah friends!