Sunday, August 13, 2006

Summer Camp

AV is going to summer camp tomorrow. It somehow seems wrong for a two-month old parent to be so excited about a week's reprieve. =-)

I've already created this huge list of all the business and personal things I plan to do while she's away. But I have a sneaking suspicion that what I'll really do is watch TV, read and drink the occasional beer without guilt or worry (she's from an alcoholic family so any sign of alcohol completely flips her out - so no alcohol in my house at all).

These past couple months have been wonderful but also very taxing. The constant need for attention, the clingy-ness, the nightmares, the fears, the drama. So I'm looking forward to the next week and I think that must make me a normal parent! =-)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I think that makes you a normal parent...when you have a high needs child every break you get is a good one!!

Klondike Kate said...

Thanks Heidi! Spoken from a parent who knows!